24 June 2008 @ 08:41 pm
I just measured myself to see what sort of adjustments I'll need to make to the front bodice of Bella Pacquita. The length of the front bodice from the shoulder to the bottom is 12 inches. The distance of that measure on me is 14 inches, which translates into 13 rows that currently aren't in the pattern.

Here are my options:

1) Work two inches on the bodice before starting the shaping at the neck and side seams.

2) Just work it as is; hope for the best.

3) Knit a larger swatch, wash it and let it hang with weights on it to see if the cotton will stretch monstrously once on. (I don't think it will. The yarn started out as a sweater from The Gap, and it was very resilient.)

4) Figure out how to work short rows for the front. *screams* Math . . . Unless two inches is too many short rows for such a little empire bodice.

So, knitting friends, what do you think is the best option? Anybody have experience with short-row bust adjustments in cotton?

While I wrote this, I ate a salad composed entirely of vegetables from the garden. Leaf lettuce, spring onions, and icicle radishes sliced into coins. Yum! I'm thinking about grabbing another spring onion and just chowing down on it, because they are that delicious straight out of the garden. Or more radishes. (Yes, [livejournal.com profile] aesiron, radishes.)
Tags:
 
 
Current Music: A Little Bit of Arson Never Hurt Anyone -- Matson Jones
 
 
( Read comments )
Post a comment in response:
From:
Anonymous
OpenID
Identity URL: 
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

If you are unable to use this captcha for any reason, please contact us by email at support@dreamwidth.org


 
Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.